Noppadol Paothong has been working as a staff photographer of the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) since 2006. His main role is to contribute to the MDC’s monthly magazine, Missouri Conservationist, and many other MDC’s publications.
His photographic skills have been recognized by many awards, including over seventy regional, national and international awards.
He was the winner of the Associated Collegiate Press photo contest three years in a row. He also received the “Mark of Excellence” award from the Society of Professional Journalists, which is given to only one winner in the U.S. each year. He was titled as the “Missouri Photojournalist of the Year,” an award given to only one photojournalist in Missouri every year.
His image of purple-corn flowers was one of the winners chosen by the world’s oldest and most prestigious contest, Picture of the Year International (POYi), in 2002. In 2008, he received 1st, 2nd, 3rd and People’s Choice Award from the Outdoor Writers Association of America.
List of Awards
National / International Awards
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Places & People’s Choice Award, Outdoors Writers Association of America, 2008
- Award of Excellence, Nature’s Best magazine, 2008
- Two 1st Places in Wildlife & Action, Outdoors Writers Association of America, 2007
- Finalist, BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year, 2003, 2004, 2007
- Award of Excellence in Wildlife, Nikon Photo Contest International, 2003
- Winner, National Wildlife Magazine International Photo Contest, 2002
- Award of Excellence in Pictorial, POYi, 2002
- 1st Place in Pictorial, The Inland Press, 2001
- Mark of Excellence News Photography, Society of Professional Journalists, 1999
- Picture of the Year, Associated Collegiate Press, 1997, 1998, 2000
- 1st Place in News, 2nd Place in Pictorial, 3rd Place in Feature, Missouri Press Association, 2002
- Missouri Photojournalist of the Year, Missouri Press Association, 1999
- Twelve 1st Places, 9 other Places, Society of Professional Journalists, 1997-2000
- 1st Place in Feature, 2nd Place in News, Idaho Press Club, 1998
- 1st Place in News, 2nd & 3rd Places in Features, Idaho Press Club, 1996, 1997
- Three 1st Places, Rocky Mountain Collegiate Media Association, 1997, 1998, 1999