Noppadol Paothong is a staff photographer at the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC).
Before he joined the MDC, he had worked as a photo journalist at daily newspapers, the Joplin Globe (Joplin, Missouri) and Springfield News-Leader (Springfield, Missouri).
His main role is to contribute to the MDC’s monthly magazine, Missouri Conservationist, and many other MDC’s publications. With a monthly circulation of over 500,000, the Missouri Conservationist is known as one of the largest state conservation magazines.
Book, "Save the Last Dance"
A new book by award-winning photographer, Noppadol Paothong, and noted outdoor writer, Joel M. Vance, strives to rescue grassland grouse from the brink of extinction by showing the world what it stands to lose if these species are allowed to disappear forever.
Covers and Articles
|MDC Covers||MDC Articles|
His photography skills have been recognized by receiving more than 60 regional and national awards, including;
- -Winner, Audubon Magazine Photography Awards
- -1st, 2nd, 3rd Places & People's Choice Award, Outdoors Writers Association of America
- -Award of Excellence, Nature's Best Photography Magazine
- -Finalist in BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year, 2003, 2004, 2007
- -Award of Excellence in Wildlife, Nikon Photo Contest International
- -Winner, National Wildlife Federation photo contest
- -Award of Excellence in POYi (Picture of the Year International)
- -Mark of Excellence, Society of Professional Journalists
- -Picture of the Year, Associated Collegiate Press, 1997, 1998, 2000
- -Missouri Photojournalist of the year
Click HERE to see the list of his equipment.